Blog Archive

Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Observations of Pennsylvania activists on both sides

 THREE MONTHS OF INTERACTION WITH POLITICAL ACTIVISTS

REPUBLICANS PRO TRUMP,  DEMOCRATS ANTI-TRUMP



For the last three months I have been able to be in a position to interact with political activists and supporters on both the Republican and Democrat sides. I admit, I have had more occasion to have personal contact with republican voters. The Democrat voters have been less, but no less informative to some dynamics of this election. My interaction with these voters has been mostly internet conversations, followed up with viewing the Facebook profiles of those with whom I had interaction. I had many face to face interactions with Republican, Democrat and Independent voters who are supporting Donald Trump. I have near 1000 interactions, skewed 10% anti-trump 90% pro-trump. I make no claim that my observations are in any way a scientific analysis.

First, in conversations with anti-Trump activists, they are clearly anti-Trump, not pro-Biden. I saw little if any clear support or proclamations to the virtues of Joe Biden. Many of the most vocal are clearly Bernie Sanders supporters. I took notice of the leading occupations and groups you could assign to these anti-Trump supporters. Also all these people on both sides reached out to me and volunteered  either their comments or conversation.  None of this is in any way connected to this blog.

Anti-Trumpers classified as the most virulent and also most in number.

1. College Professors
2. Musicians
3. Artists
4. Young white single females.
5. Immigrants, no way of knowing but appear undocumented.
6  LGBTQ  activists.

Interesting that hardly any responses by black voters or married white women.

Pro-Trump supporters.

1. Self -Employed
2. Small business owners and employees. 
3. Farmers
4. Married white women, many are also in group 5.
5. Christians and other people of faith
6. Constitution and 2nd amendment supporters.

Interesting that school teachers in elementary and high school were few and appeared in each group. Union members also few, but likely more in the Pro-Trump category from the trades and manufacturing unions.

Again, all this is unscientific and is just my personal first hand observation acquired in the course of my political activities. I see strong vigorous positive support from Pro-trump voters. I also heard from many first time voters and information concerning many signing up new voters. 

On the anti-Trump side I  cant say that I heard anyone extolling the virtues or positions of Joe Biden, it is all hatred of Trump. Also none of this suggests that this is a accurate cross section, but the most active who reached out to me.

I do see a large turnout, but we will have to see who turns out the most.




No comments:

Post a Comment

comments and opinions published at discretion of editor