Blog Archive

Wednesday, September 16, 2026

Trump's Audacity of Mendacity

DAILY  TALES WORTHY OF THE GRUNDSAU LODGE

TALL TALES CONTEST EVERY DAY

 

Lately I am reminded of memories of the Grundsau lodge and their tall tales contests. While never participating, as I was neither Pennsylvania dutch or part of the local farming community, I heard stories about the contest. In our area the usual winner was a large gentlemen whose profession was hauling cattle and owned a tavern. He had a reputation of being able to tell the most outrageous and fantastic stories with an eloquence that was fantastic in itself. He was able to tell tales that resulted in gut wrenching laughter and provided entertainment that was never matched. It was all in good fun and helped lighten the mood and pass time in the winter months.
 
What reminded me of this was the daily onslaught of tall tales I hear, while some may find them funny and entertaining, it is serious business now and just embarrassing and dangerous.  
 
I do not believe the Iranians are calling and begging daily for a deal. In fact, I suspect that there has been little interaction at all. As I recall, there was a media event signing of an agreement in of all place "Versailles " 
 
I can't help but understand, that rather than fanatical psychopaths, the Iranians seem to be more measured, more methodical and have a real plan, something I now suspect is lacking here at home. 
 
I doubt the US has a large supply of expensive sophisticated precision weapons. 
 
I don't believe the risk to the general well being of the population is worth this present standoff, that is now entering an entirely unprecedented dangerous territory.
 
I no longer believe either Zelensky or Bibi will do as they are told. In fact, it is more the other way around.
 
Stop, it is enough, perception does become reality in political campaigns but not war. Reality will win out and it results in death destruction and general suffering.
 
I supported the idea of an end to foreign interventions and immoral  rationalizations of our foreign policy. What happened to the good instincts that seem to have been replaced by the same old unrestrained path to decline and destruction. 
 
It may be the last chance for real down to earth Oval office address, conveying the real situation, the truth, as ugly as it may be. I suspect that the American people will have more understanding that people in Washington give them credit. It may be the last chance to save any credibility with anyone.
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Of course what comes out of Trump's mouth and tweets is amazing, but more amazing is the silence by Republicans concerning it. Chalk street MAGA to stupidity, but how about the Republican congress and educated partisans? Prostitution?

    ReplyDelete

comments and opinions published at discretion of editor