Blog Archive

Tuesday, June 25, 2024

In search of LGBTQ+ free entertainment programming?

 EVERY U.S. AND CANADIAN PRODUCTION HAS OBLIGATORY GAY MESSAGE

YOU NEED TO GO EAST TO FIND NORMAL CONTENT



While I do spend much time listening to and watching political and historical debates and documentaries, I do often become burned out and seek out some other forms of entertainment. Sadly it is now apparent there is no entertainment produced in the U.S. or Canada and I suspect western Europe that is without social or political messaging and propaganda.

I watched a historical drama about Nassau in the Bahamas in the early 1700's, which overall was well done and entertaining, It was soon apparent that the Pirate main character and the female lead were both engaged in open homosexual conduct. I doubt that there was any historical accuracy about these characters, but a blatant attempt to insert these characters  as some sort of message.

Then I watched a Canadian production concerning the Hudson bay company in 18th century Canada, low and behold one of the main characters was of course engaged in a relationship with his adviser.

I could go, but it appears there is not one production without some sort of gay character, I would not doubt this applies to cartoons and children programs as well.

I have a subscription to NETFLIX and at first assumed this was a NETFLIX decision, but then I watched a Turkish production, which was also well done that was LGBQT free, then a Polish production, ditto, and then a Japanese production just a good well done story as well, without the social programming that now permeates all productions in the west.

I must add that there is really well done stories and productions with great cinemaphotography and good actors in these parts of the world. Many have them available in english and being slightly hard of hearing, they all have english subtitles available. They remind me of the movies of old with depictions of human emotions and plots, much like our movies in the golden age of theater.


No comments:

Post a Comment

comments and opinions published at discretion of editor